Bath Plantation Window Shutters
Traditional & Contemporary Window Shutters in Bath
Bath has some of the most beautiful architecture in the UK, its infamous for its stunning terraces of buildings. A quirky feature of many terraces is a result of an 18th and 19th century tax based on the number of windows in a house, meaning some houses blocked in windows to avoid the tax. The other windows tend to be large and uniform and many have lower level bay windows.
Whilst this has obvious advantages, there are a number of downsides, period property windows are often single glazed and therefore security, heat and noise control. Benefits of Bath Plantation Shutters for period properties, and any other properties are:
- Custom made: Plantation shutters are custom made to fit each of your windows
- Use of space: Plantation shutters make the best use of space, particularly with a bay window, still allowing space to be used as a desk or seat.
- Light Control: Full Control of the light levels;
- Security: Allowing natural light to enter, whilst keeping prying eyes out of bathrooms, bed rooms or rooms with valuables;
- Hygiene: Plantation shutters are easier and cheaper to clean than curtains which collect dust;
- Heat Control: Warm in winter and cool in the summer;
- Saleability: Sleek, stylish and neutral decoration gives a home a neutral, ready to move in appearance in order to appeal to the widest possible audience.
Full Height Plantation Shutters, cover the full height of your window. Full height plantation shutters are our best selling Shutters. With a full height Shutter, your window is completely covered, top to bottom. They are a great option. The transformation is stunning and can really change the look of any home from inside and outside.
Tier on Tier Plantation Shutters, gives you independent top and bottom panels which can be opened individually. With tier on tier Plantation Shutters the shutter panels covering your window are split into a top tier and a bottom tier. You can create the perfect balance of light and privacy in your room. Tier on tier plantation shutters are a great choice for sash windows and bay windows.
Café Style Plantation Shutters, are half height Shutters, which leave the top of your windows un-shuttered. Usually this style of shutter stop in line with a natural break in the window at half or three quarter’s height. Creating a classic and chic feel. They let plenty of light into your room, being able to tilt the louvers for extra privacy and controlled light.
Special Shaped Plantation Shutters, These type of shutters are custom made special shapes that are designed to fit perfectly in any window. A perfect and beautiful solution for shaped windows and openings.
Solid Style Plantation Shutters, These shutters have been used in the UK for over 200 years and provide a more traditional finish to window coverings. The added benefits to this type of plantation shutter is that as the panels are solid and give a near blackout to the window. Also they provide high levels of noise reduction.
Sliding Tracked Plantation Shutters, This option is for larger openings such as doors and very wide windows. As hinges will only carry a certain amount of weight. The shutters are placed on a track system which glides effortlessly from side to side.